Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I asked my husband what events were the best part of 2005 for him. He is a quiet man. Often, what he says is acurate and to the point. Well, this time, he kinda went off. He leaned over and kissed me and said, every time we made love and swimming in the lake, off the side of the boat. I smiled really big. And that was all he said.
It was a hard year. You'd think that in an entire year, that a person would have better memories. The fact is, we aren't kids anymore. And I feel sorry for kids nowadays, anyway. Yeah, I know that makes me sound old. But, its true. I used to walk every where, get on boats with strangers, swim in oceans, and catch strange looking frogs under waterfalls. Today, kids worry about kids with guns on Zoloft. In 1979, we woulda said, "ZoWho"?
Its a tough world folks. If you have more then two good distinct memories of 2005, then Congratu Fuckin Lations.

Here is the poem of the day:

If I closed my eyes
I would still see you
looking at me
smilling
shirtless wonder
where did you come from?
where ya going?
im right beside you
where i wanna be
sweet thing
your flavor is the taste of my soul
sweet soul sister
is me
with this ring
for eternity
makes me most blessed creature of divinity.

May 2006 bring you many Bright Blessings

1 comment:

am_I_fine said...

After reading your husband's best memories of 2005, all I can say is that you are quite lucky in your married life Ma'm.